And to let us know the importance for such a mattress, Dream Mattress recently organized a Physiotherapy session at Pearl Furniture & Interior Kirti Nagar as part of their welfare activities. During this session with Dr. Aneesha, a musculoskeletal physiotherapist people were screened for Back Pain, Cervical Pain and other issues due to use of bad mattress.
- Choose the best mattress such as Innerspring mattress, Memory foam mattresses, Latex mattress, Air mattresses and Adjustable mattresses.
- Replace a mattress approximately every eight years.
- Take care of allergens. If you have allergies particularly to dust mites, mould, and various bacteria, read the label on the mattress to make sure that the materials don’t contain any invading allergens. Always search for a hypoallergenic mattress i.e. made out of natural latex and wool or both or simply a mattress cover.
- Don’t go for a cheaper mattress because they are made up of cheap material which will cause trouble in the long run.
- Do not use soft pillows which can cause excess neck ache and soreness
Addressing the audience Mr. Pramod Tripathi Sales and Marketing Head- Dream Mattress & Mr. Jagjit Bagga from Pearl Furniture & Interior, informed about different range of Orthopedics Mattress and its usage. Mr Tripathi said, Orthopaedic mattresses offer high levels of support, pressure relief and comfort. These mattresses are particularly beneficial for those who have a bad back or experience aches and pains throughout the night, and on the same hand, this type of mattress isn’t only for those who suffer from back pain.
On how to choose and buy a new mattress for yourself, Mr Bagga gave a few tips:
- You should always check a mattress first that it supports you in the right way, the best way is go to a store and try a bed.
- Make sure you try several mattresses before you buy. Lie down in your preferred sleeping position and rest for 10 minutes. This will give a good guide to the comfort and support the mattress gives you.
- Dont compromises on quality and cost. Well, an investment in a high quality mattress offers the back support you need. A 15000/- mattress will cost approx Rs 4/- per night over 10 years or Rs 2/- each only if with a partner.